BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

12 February 2010

priorities

Before I came to OU my only priority was to get on my feet. For several years I'd been struggling, working full time while in high school living with friends and bouncing around. Now getting on my feet has taken a back burner because I want a degree and that has to come first. My priorities are my son, school, and getting in shape. Getting in shape is the first step to enlisting in the army which will put me on my own feet and my own path to success. Making priorities sometimes involves sacrifice. In order to go to college, succeed and obtain a degree I have to devote most of my time to attending classes, homework, and studying. That means that the time I spend with my son is very limited. I'm giving him a nontraditional family that consists of my aunt and uncle's clan, but non the less he is loved, and that's what matters. His needs are meet, he's developing, and he's spoiled rotten. Knowing that I have to depend on others to help take care of my son so I can chase other priorities is sometimes painful. I have to keep my eyes on the future and understand that the sacrifices will pay off in the end.

0 comments: