BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

04 April 2010

Who's who

I meet a lot of people Thursday including, a zoology professor, financial aid director, and some one from the Bursar's office. I can't remember a single name because there were so many (and I'm naturally bad with names. I talked most to the union director, mostly small topics like children. She was sweet and helped to remind me that most people have children and they are not obstacles but new opportunities. Everyone holds me to a higher impression than I feel like I deserve sometimes just because I'm a mom. Not that it's easy, but every one has a part of their life that takes up a lot of time, the key is scheduling! I loved the advice and stories that were shared. Just as the police officer said you have to explain to the community why you are there and do things the way you do. I feel that a lot of people don't understand why school is so important to me or why I am attending. They feel that the daycare and food assistance can be better spent. Just because I don't have a job currently does not mean that I'm not giving back to the community in many ways or that I will not five back later in life after attaining my degree. Stay on the horse is something that I have taken to heart. My car broke down Thursday evening and its to hard to make it to all my prior obligations, doctor appointments, pt, school, midterms... I have to remember to just keep with it and stay on, even if I'm hitting and missing a lot, I just need to hold on. The advice I'd give to freshman is to talk to your instructors, make an impression, do your best work, show yourself. Use the resources on campus, they exist for your use.

0 comments: